When I first got him, he shook. He literally shook whenever he was still. And he wobbled so much when he walked that he frequently fell over. The good news is that in the past 15 years he has definitely learned to compensate. He still has a bit of a wobble when he walks and he can't land very well, so he climbs rather than jumping. To be honest, though, I don't notice it all that much anymore unless I see other cats and their grace and nimbleness catches me off guard.
I've known since before we got married that Ken was more of a dog person, but when we were first starting out we didn't have time or space for a canine. Come to think of it, we don't have time or space for a dog now, either! Those aren't really the only things holding us back, though:
3. Clean up Duty/Dooty
4. I'm scared of dogs!
5. Oscar is too territorial.
6. No yard
7. I've got enough people to take care of already
8. Barking is not cool
9. Dogs smell
10. Cats rule, dogs drool!
In all honesty, I might be okay with a dog some day, but I don't plan on being the one to take care of it, let it out all the time to go to the bathroom, etc. After 15 years of taking care of 9%5 of Oscar's needs by myself, I'm going to step back and let someone else do the dog stuff if we ever get one!
Do you have a pet? Who takes care of it??
Tuesday Ten is a fun linkup created by Lisa @ The Golden Spoons and Rabia @ TheLiebers. Each Tuesday we make a list of ten things and link them up to share. At the end of each post we post the topic for the next week. Anyone can join in! If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here. We hope to see you on Tuesday!
1) Link up a post, old or new, pertaining to the TuesdayTen topic for this week and add our TuesdayTen button to your post or sidebar.
2) Please do not link up contests, product reviews, or sponsored posts. Links not pertaining to the topic will be removed at the hosts' discretion.
3) Visit your hosts and follow them on social media.
4) Visit as many other linked posts as you can and show those bloggers some love by commenting and/or sharing.
5) By linking up you agree to be subscribed to our #TuesdayTen mailing list.