It's no secret that I love lists! I co-host #TuesdayTen and post every week with a list of ten things dedicated to a certain topic. I have even written a list of reasons to write lists. I've been known to write a few "bucket" lists even though I don't always get through them. I've been wanting to write a to do list for this school year, but I've had a hard time getting my writing mojo back from so many breaks during the summer.
Then I saw that the one word challenge this week featured the words "wish" and "smooth" and I felt like I wasn't going to get a better reason to write!
My wishes for a smooth school year:
1. To eat lunch with the kids on a regular basis. I've actually already gone to eat with Benjamin, so now I've got to even the score and then start over.
2. Hold tight to our new routines. It gets exhausting when the kids are not listening, but I need to stick with it and not let up, or else their bad habits (and mine) will take over again.
3. Stay on top of paperwork and keep things organized. I wrote about this binder earlier in the week and I'm proud to say that I've been using it faithfully for the first two weeks of school. Just yesterday I was unsure as to when violin lessons started for Frances and I was able to flip right to the "violin" tab and figure it out.
4. Make good use of my lunch breaks. We traded lunch breaks for half-day Fridays over the summer. Most people think it's amazing, but in reality it makes for long days for me. Those half-Fridays never ended up being anything useful to me. I wouldn't want to take away the privilege for others, but I'm glad to have my lunch breaks back. Now to use them effectively by getting a few chores done around the house.
5. Exercise more. With the kids all in school on the same schedule, and all at the same after-school program; I'm hoping I can get back onto a regular exercise habit. There's a class I've been eyeballing on Monday evenings. I'm hoping to start next week.
6. Keep in touch with the kids' teachers and make sure they know we appreciate them!
This post was part of the One Word Blog Linkup hosted by Lisa of The Golden Spoons Janine of Confessions of a Mommyaholic. This week, the word prompt choices were Sweet and Wishes. If you would like to join the linkup you can find more information HERE.