The more things change, the more they stay the same, right? Or something like that! I've mentioned working on a new training module for the student workers I supervise. The good news is that we tried it out and it went great! The bad news is that it didn't seem to lessen my first day of the semester workload any at all! I'm beat, I'm behind and I'm ready for a weekend and it's only Monday (as I write this)!
Today's topic for #TuesdayTen is: For better or worse, 10 things that have changed in your life in the past 10 years. Since 2005, there are many things that have changed and many things that have not. For example...
1. We added Henry and Benjamin to the family!
2. I've changed jobs a few times (teaching 2nd grade, teaching preschool, leading Youth ministry, Office Manager) and so has Ken (Radio Shack, Full time student, Toys-R-Us, KMart, ABC)
3. I changed cars: Crown Vic, Buick LeSabre, Dodge Caravan, Honda Odyssey. Ken has...driven the same truck this whole time!! (The end is near, 1997 Chevy S-10 Pickup. The end is near!)
4. We've had some appliance upgrades: new clothes washer times two, new dryer, new dishwasher, furnace repairs, and A/C work
5. And I've brought my phone into the 21st century: flip phone, BlackBerry, iPhone 4, iPhone 6
On the other hand, quite a few things have stayed the same:
6. Same husband! I'm not trading him in!!
7. Same house! We've finally moved Frances up to her own room and it makes things feel a bit more spacious for us all (still only one bathroom, though)
8. Same church! I love my church family. I can't imagine leaving them.
9. Same cat. We can't seem to get rid of him, LOL!
10. Same apron, same bathrobe, and same earrings. Don't be jealous or anything, but I can still fit into the same ones I had ten years ago. In fact, I can still fit into the same ones I had in high school, almost 20 years ago!!
What changes have happened to you in the last 10 years!
1) Link up a post, old or new, pertaining to the TuesdayTen topic for this week and add our TuesdayTen button to your post or sidebar.
2) Please do not link up contests, product reviews, or sponsored posts. Links not pertaining to the topic will be removed at the hosts' discretion.
3) Visit your hosts and follow them on social media.
4) Visit as many other linked posts as you can and show those bloggers some love by commenting and/or sharing.
5) By linking up you agree to be subscribed to out #TuesdayTen mailing list. Emails are only sent once a week and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here.
Don't forget to add the new #TuesdayTen badge to your post or homepage!
Click to sign up for #TuesdayTen reminder emails: http://eepurl.com/PXVtr