as the late great humorist Lewis Grizzard once pointed out, "Naked is when you ain't got no clothes on. Nekkid is when you ain't got no clothes on and you're up to something." (From Mental Floss)
Well, I guess I can start by saying that I see nothing wrong with nudity. There seems to be a lot of it at my house, with two boys who like to run around and shake their bums in the air! I should actually admit that I can frequently be found nude in my house in the mornings (that's not an invitation, by the way). I can't stand getting dressed in the humid bathroom after a shower, so I usually step out to find my clothes and get ready for the day. With the configuration on our house, and the chaos that ensues most mornings, I often bump into a little one or two while attempting to get my clothes on.
While I don't plan on posing nude for any magazines or portraits...EVER, I'm okay with my body. It's not perfect and there may be a thing or two I'd change, but all in all, I'm satisfied with what I've got.
1. I'm short. That's a problem when I need something off the top shelf, but otherwise it's usually an asset. People see me as friendly and cute because they can rest their elbows on my head. People aren't usually intimidated by me.
|Yes, I'm short, but this guy is 6'10"!!|
3. I've got very dark brown eyes. They are so dark, they are almost black. In school when we would talk about how the pupil works, people were always fascinated by how dark my eyes are. They don't change colors to match what I'm wearing or reflect my mood. They are consistently the same blackish-brown color they've always been.
4. My feet are tiny. Sure, there are some times that this really irritates me. If I'm looking for fancy shoes, I might have to start my search earlier than you. However, if I want sandals or flip flops, I can save a ton of money by shopping the kids' department! I will note that through three pregnancies, my feet grew permanently by about half a size. 5 1/2 is just slightly easier to find, so that was actually good news for me.
5. My fingernails looks nice...finally! I was a nail biter and a cuticle picker as a child...teen...young adult. OK, I still pick my cuticles on occasion, but I've gotten tons better and my nails actually look really nice when they grow out.
6. My hair grows nicely. I've earned a few grey hairs that lend an air of maturity to my short stature and my bangs are doing this slightly annoying Farrah Fawcett circa 1988 thing, but other than that I can get some good length out of it. I can do different kinds of styles with it when I feel like it. I can also put it in a ponytail or bun, or I can just comb it and leave it alone.
|Farrah hair not in evidence|
8. I have a talented face. I can wiggle my ears, wag my eyebrows (together or one at a time) and...AND touch my nose with my tongue!! I'm great at parties, y'all!!
9. My brain is pretty sexy. I'm smart. I have a logical brain and I love to figure out puzzles. Sometimes those gifts get a little clouded with mommy brain, but they are there. I also have the tenacity to stick with a problem until it is solved.
10. Ken likes it. (See # 7) ;)
What about you? Why do you love your body?
Tuesday Ten is a fun linkup created by Lisa @ The Golden Spoons and Rabia @ TheLiebers. Each Tuesday we make a list of ten things and link them up to share. At the end of each post we post the topic for the next week. Anyone can join in! If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here. We hope to see you on Tuesday!
1) Link up a post, old or new, pertaining to the TuesdayTen topic for this week and add our TuesdayTen button to your post or sidebar.
2) Please do not link up contests, product reviews, or sponsored posts. Links not pertaining to the topic will be removed at the hosts' discretion.
3) Visit your hosts and follow them on social media.
4) Visit as many other linked posts as you can and show those bloggers some love by commenting and/or sharing.
5) By linking up you agree to be subscribed to out #TuesdayTen mailing list. Emails are only sent once a week and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here.
Don't forget to add the new #TuesdayTen badge to your post or homepage!