Me: I need you to help me write a blog post.
Him: Um...I think you might be speaking to the wrong person.
Me: No, really. TuesdayTen is on our anniversary this year. The topic is ten people you'd like two trade places with for a day. I thought, since it's our anniversary, we could do something with celebrity couples.
Him: I don't follow celebrities. I don't know anything about who is dating who!
Me: No! You watch TV. I figured we could do movie and TV couples! Like Avenger couples or something!
Him: Oh...I guess that's something I know a little about!
I gave him the day to think about it and then after the kids went to bed, he said, "Let's get this over with so we can watch TV." You can tell he really loves blogging, right!?!
In honor of 14 years of marriage, here are ten celebrity couples we'd like to switch places with for a day!
- Tony Stark and Pepper Potts--I said Avengers, so of course, this was the first match he thought of. I think I've seen all the movies, but it was probably out of order or in bits and pieces. I assume he meant that we'll annoy each other all day, per usual and then...
- Marshall and Lily--We've been watching How I Met Your Mother (no spoilers, please). He joked that we should be Robin and Barney, but I don't see any similarities in either of them. I think Marshall and Lily make a sweet couple. Plus, they dated through college and then got married and had kids before the rest of their friends. Ken would have an interesting day as a lawyer, and I'm sure I could survive teaching Kindergarten (but not being an art buyer)
- Han Solo and Princess Leia--He suggested it and we both laughed. Then just as I was asking about the gold bikini, he was telling me I didn't really have to wear it. I won't mention his wardrobe idea, since my mom might read this! ;)
- Ron and Hermione--We have a special relationship with the Harry Potter series as we read it to each other as the books came out. We discussed swapping with Harry and Ginny, but we see more similarities with Ron and Hermione.
- Buffy and Angel--Another show we've watched together. In fact, we were discussing it for some reason last week. I guess he sees himself as the brooding type, more than the bad boy type. And of course, I'm always up for saving the world!
- Jeff and Audrey Bingham--Besides HIMYM, we're watching Rules of Engagement. Again, here's a couple married and (trying to have) kids before their friends. We deal with similar issues in being out of sync with our friends, so the story lines often seem familiar.
- Wesley and Buttercup--Actually, this movie was on TV as we were making our list. It was a bit distracting since we were both taking turns quoting lines from the movie while it was muted. We decided it would be fun to go on an epic, true-love adventure!
- Lightning McQueen and Sally--I had the thought that we should think of an animated movie, so of course he went with something automotive!
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill--He doesn't particularly like to sing (although he can) but he likes country music. Maybe he wants a leggy blonde. Or maybe he just wants me to get him into football games. I didn't ask.
- Castle and Beckett--We are so behind on watch Castle! The DVR got messed up and we gave up trying to stay current. I guess we'll get back to it, but in the meantime, we can swap places with them and solve a nasty crime in New York City.
- Rainbow Trout and Power Bait--Um, I think this was his way of saying he was done helping me. Besides, he says no one uses Power Bait anymore.
Who would you swap places with for a day?
Tuesday Ten is a fun linkup created by Lisa @ The Golden Spoons and Rabia @ TheLiebers. Each Tuesday we make a list of ten things and link them up to share. At the end of each post we post the topic for the next week. Anyone can join in! If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here. We hope to see you on Tuesday!
1) Link up a post, old or new, pertaining to the TuesdayTen topic for this week and add our TuesdayTen button to your post or sidebar.
2) Please do not link up contests, product reviews, or sponsored posts. Links not pertaining to the topic will be removed at the hosts' discretion.
3) Visit your hosts and follow them on social media.
4) Visit as many other linked posts as you can and show those bloggers some love by commenting and/or sharing.
5) By linking up you agree to be subscribed to out #TuesdayTen mailing list. Emails are only sent once a week and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here.
Don't forget to add the new #TuesdayTen badge to your post or homepage!
Click to sign up for #TuesdayTen reminder emails: http://eepurl.com/PXVtr