As most people there are a few chores I don't mind doing, and a few more that I can't stand. In honor of No Housework Day (A holiday I celebrate more often that I should!), I'm listing 10 chores I wish I never had to do again!
1. Putting away laundry--I honestly don't mind carrying it downstairs, sorting, washing, folding and sorting again. When it comes to putting away, I get stuck! I make the kids put their own away and then I hide the huge basket full of my own clean, folded clothes, so they won't judge me. Or call me out on my hypocrisy!
2. Washing pots and pans--Again, I don't mind cooking, or even loading the dishwasher, but when it comes to pots and pans...They live in the sink! I'd rather wash all of them at once than wash them as I go.
3. Cleaning the cat box--UGH! I really wish I could pass this off to the kids, but something about that seems wrong, so I do it. Grudgingly.
4. Organizing toys--If you can't tell, organization is not a gift of mine. I have a hard time getting after the kids to clean up because I don't know how to begin helping them. We should probably get rid of 3/4 of their toys, but purging is not a gift of mine either (even though I'm working on it really hard!)
5. Seasonal clothing swap--This one is coming up, and as happy as I am that the weather is warming up, I am not looking forward to go through all the bins of clothes in my basement. I have hand-me-downs for all three kids, stuff that's still too big, and stuff they outgrew in between seasons. And I never know if I should save what they have now for next winter or if they'll outgrow it all. It ends up being a huge mess!
6. Changing sheets--I guess my bed's not so bad, but the kids have bunk beds. Those sock when it comes to changing sheets! I try to make them help, but just getting all their stuffed animals out of bed takes half the day. And inevitably, as soon as I change the sheets, someone wets the bed!
7. Purging paperwork--Will I need this owner's manual again? How about this receipt? Do I file this drawing Henry made as a class assignment? Which folder does this document go in?
8. Vacuuming--I guess I don't really mind the actual act of vacuuming; it's more the part where I have to move everything around to get to the rug. Thankfully, we have mostly hardwood floors, so that minimizes some of the vacuuming.
9. Ironing--I debated putting this on here. Is it fair to hate something I never do?? LOL! Really the only time I iron any more is when I'm getting ready to sew. And those are just flat pieces or seams. Ironing creases into shirts and pants just makes my head hurt. I only do it if I have to.
10. Cleaning the basement--That place is the scary dungeon where everything I don't feel like dealing with goes to die. It's a really bad habit that I'm working on fixing, but until I"m cured, there just a big mess in the basement!
How about you? What's your most hated chore? Would you put away my laundry if I folded yours? Please!
1) Link up a post, old or new, pertaining to the TuesdayTen topic for this week and add our TuesdayTen button to your post or sidebar.
2) Please do not link up contests, product reviews, or sponsored posts. Links not pertaining to the topic will be removed at the hosts' discretion.
3) Visit your hosts and follow them on social media.
4) Visit as many other linked posts as you can and show those bloggers some love by commenting and/or sharing.
5) By linking up you agree to be subscribed to out #TuesdayTen mailing list. Emails are only sent once a week and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here.
Don't forget to add the new #TuesdayTen badge to your post or homepage!