As with most things in life, the work you put in directly impacts the results you get. I don't think I truly knew this early on in my marriage. Sure, Ken and I loved each other. That was easy. We had lots in common and we had been friends for a while before we started dating. By the time we got married, we had dated for 5 years and known each other for about 9.
- He has a great sense of humor. We both tend to laugh about the same things and we have our own inside jokes after 14 years of marriage.
- He works hard. He enjoys retail work and he's good at it. He has always placed the customer's needs first and it shows in customer loyalty.
- He is a good cook! He likes trying new recipes and he has gotten me to like many things I haven't always liked to eat: zuchinni, squash, Brussels sprout.
- He's a good dad. Thanks to him, the kids are exposed to nice British TV like Top Gear and Dr. Who. He gladly engages them in light saber battles in the front yard and has enough toys for the neighborhood kids to join in.
- He handles the morning bus route and walks Henry to school whenever he can. He took care of getting both older kids to school last year and will get the boys on the bus next year when Benjamin starts Kindergarten.
- He sleeps on my side of the bed to warm it up if he goes to bed before me on cold nights.
- He gives nice backrubs. Especially the ones when I don't have to ask, but he just knows I've been tired and sore.
- He doesn't roll his eyes excessively when he says "good night" and I reply that I'll be there "just as soon as I finish this blog post."
- He had infinite Lego patience (although it is sometimes hard for him to share his Legos with the kids).
- He's got my back! When I was fretting about Benjamin's birthday cake on Sunday, he calmly said, "Did you make it? Just for him? Then it's perfect!" And it was!
1) Link up a post, old or new, pertaining to the TuesdayTen topic for this week and add our TuesdayTen button to your post or sidebar.
2) Please do not link up contests, product reviews, or sponsored posts. Links not pertaining to the topic will be removed at the hosts' discretion.
3) Visit your hosts and follow them on social media.
4) Visit as many other linked posts as you can and show those bloggers some love by commenting and/or sharing.
5) By linking up you agree to be subscribed to out #TuesdayTen mailing list. Emails are only sent once a week and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here.
Don't forget to add the new #TuesdayTen badge to your post or homepage!