In honor of this silly, made up holiday, today we are sharing 10 things that make us panic!
- Sometimes I dream that I'm walking down the street and I fall off the sidewalk. This dream causes me to jerk away all of a sudden and sometimes I have a hard time going back to sleep.
- When I wake up in the morning and don't know what time it is, I have a brief moment of panic that I've overslept and I'm running late. Nothing like an adrenaline jolt to start the day!
- I have a sleep walker in the house. Usually when he gets up out of bed, it's before I have gone to sleep, so I can gently lead him back to where he's supposed to be. One night, however, I awoke to the sound of our front door being opened. The chain had caught the door and bounced it back shut. I panicked because I thought someone was breaking in. Turns out it was just Henry trying to escape in the middle of the night. Thank God for that chain!!
- There have been a few times lately where Benjamin has thought it would be amusing to ignore me when I call for him. Twice he's been hiding under the dining room table, but this past weekend he was outside (we were all outside) and in the backyard without my knowledge. Needless to say, I panicked for a moment because I didn't know where he was!
- The phone rings. The caller ID says it's the school. There is always a moment of panic as I wonder who is sick or in trouble and how I'm going to rearrange my day. Sometimes it's just a general phone call, though.
- We've had quite a few snow days this winter. I've even had enough days off from work to surprise me. All through this, though Ken has had to work. I try really hard not to, but when he's driving to or from work and he takes longer than I expect, I start to panic a little.
- I was at the grocery store over the weekend and found when I tried to pay that I didn't have my debit card! PANIC!! Thankfully I had my checkbook and I was able to pay that way, but I still hated not knowing where my card was. (Back pocket of the jeans I wore the day before, in case you're wondering!)
- Two weeks ago with all the cold weather we had, I walked downstairs to find...water in my basement! Actually we had three different water incidents: one was a burst pipe (fairly easy fix), one was a leaky washing machine hose (easy fix, hard to diagnose), and water creeping up from under the house. All three incidents caused varying levels of panic.
- Computer crashes make me panic. There's not much worse than working on a project for hours and then seeing the spinning wheel of death (on a Mac) or the endless hour glass ( on a PC). Sometimes you can fix it and recover things. Other times everything is lost and you have to start completely over!
- Writing scheduled blog posts makes me panic sometimes. It's especially stupid with posts that have a deadline. It's not like I don't know about the deadline, but I put things off and then I worry that I won't get done in time.
1) Link up a post, old or new, pertaining to the TuesdayTen topic for this week and add our TuesdayTen button to your post or sidebar.
2) Please do not link up contests, product reviews, or sponsored posts. Links not pertaining to the topic will be removed at the hosts' discretion.
3) Visit your hosts and follow them on social media.
4) Visit as many other linked posts as you can and show those bloggers some love by commenting and/or sharing.
5) By linking up you agree to be subscribed to our #TuesdayTen mailing list. Emails are only sent once a week and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here.
Come link up again next Mar 10- (March 9 is Panic Day) 10 Things that make you panic. No pressure, or anything!