My audience has since expanded. There are people I've never met who come by for a read. Some of them comment every day, some of them never say a thing. There are lots of people in between those two extremes.
|First Ten Blog Posts|
|10 Most Recent Posts|
For #TuesdayTen today, we're looking back at our first ten blog posts. From way back when we had little baby blogs and (some of us) had no idea what we were doing. There is a lot of back and forth in the blogging world about whether you should delete old posts from your blog. That's a decision that every blogger has to make for him/herself, but I live squarely in the camp of "no." My old posts are an early form of diary entries for me. I re-read them and I can remember where we were and what we were doing at times in the distant past. My old posts are a part of me and I will not get rid of them.
My First Ten Blog Posts
- The very first one is creatively named "I made a blog!" If you need things spelled out, it's about me...making a blog!
- The second, also creatively named post, is "Christmas pic of the kids" It obviously contains a Christmas photo of my two (at the time) children. It was posted less than 30 minutes after the first one. Apparently I didn't know how to edit!
- Next came a Christmas Eve post about our plans to go Mass on Christmas Eve and then wrap presents. This is riveting stuff, y'all!
- I took a breather from all that hard-core blogging and then two days after Christmas I posted about being free from stress after the big holiday was over. Honestly, I still feel that way. The best part of the Christmas season is after we've opened presents and can just enjoy the season for what it is.
- I think my fifth post was the first one where I took an idea from another blog I had seen and posted a recap of our year. "Goodbye 2007" is poorly formatted and lacking pictures, but it does have a pretty good summary of what happened to our family that year.
- If I remember correctly, the next post was something I backdated, so it shouldn't really fall here, but I'll mention it anyway. I think my brother had mentioned something about me always talking about my kids, my mom and dad, Ken, etc. and never mentioning him. So I posted this one to prove that I had, indeed mentioned him! I have two other posts I've backdated. Mostly because I wanted a place to publish and share something online without it showing up at the top of my blog.
- Next I posted a TMI post about everyone in the house being sick. This is one instance where I'm glad I didn't have any pictures posted!
- In early March of 2008, I posted about a dream I had had the night before. This one post comes to mind often, even today. I love going back to re-read it and feel the sensations it evokes. A brief, one paragraph note about my grandmother that holds such good memories.
- To round out the list of my first ten blog posts, are two posts about sleep. It seems that even back then I had a real love/love relationship with sleep! First I posted about how glorious it feels to sleep through the night.
- Then a week later, I posted essentially the same thing!
|One of my very first blog headers!|
Just for fun, leave a link to your first blog post in the comments. Or make a list of ten and link it up here!
1) Link up a post, old or new, pertaining to the TuesdayTen topic for this week and add our TuesdayTen button to your post or sidebar.
2) Please do not link up contests, product reviews, or sponsored posts. Links not pertaining to the topic will be removed at the hosts' discretion.
3) Visit your hosts and follow them on social media.
4) Visit as many other linked posts as you can and show those bloggers some love by commenting and/or sharing.
5) By linking up you agree to be subscribed to our #TuesdayTen mailing list. Emails are only sent once a week and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here.
Come link up again next Tuesday, Mar 3- (Unique Names Day) If you could change your name, 10 possibilities you might choose & Why