The Christmas season is over. The boxes and bags have been packed up and put away in their basement or attic home for another year. The new toys have lost their luster. Santa's ever watching eye just doesn't carry the threat it did a mere six weeks ago. The bank account has almost recovered from the hit it took last month during that last minute shopping spree. So now's a good time for another shopping spree, right!?!
Well a virtual one, anyway. If you had $10,000 to spend in 10 different stores where would you go and what would you buy? I'm not a shop-a-holic. Truth be told, I don't really like shopping that much. But there are plenty of things I would buy if money were no object! Of course this post goes against everything I just wrote about with my word of the year, but the heart wants what it wants!
- Food Lion--That's probably a lame one to start with, but it's the store where I spend most of my money. I do my regular shopping there every week. So often that most of the cashiers know me. Not by name, but by the kids and the reusable bags I bring every week.
- Target--I'm not sure exactly what I need, but the giant red target calls to me and I must enter. Also, I know that now matter how short my list, I will inevitably spend $100 just by walking in the door.
- Lowe's--I need a new front door. Come to think of it a new back door would be nice too. And some nice ceiling tiles in the dining room. I'm gonna go ahead and get a new refrigerator since that's the last appliance that hasn't died on us yet.
- Michael's--All the craft supplies my heart desires! And places to store them, of course.
- Ragtime Fabrics--Mama needs some fabric to put together with her new sewing machine! And Some lessons, too. Those would count, right!?
- JC Penney--I'd stock up on clothes for the kids as well as some new stuff for me and Ken. I promise I'd get rid of the clothes we don't fit into anymore. Promise! (Except for the Twisted Sister shirt my brother bought me in the 80s. I'm holding on to that, holes and all!)
- The local car dealership--I'm happy with my van, but Ken needs a new truck and with all this free (fake) money, I'm gonna get him one. I'll even let him pick it out!!
- Best Buy--We have a desktop computer, but it's ancient and I'm not even sure it turns on anymore. Our printer is totally out of ink, and possibly broken anyway. Heck, if it's free money, we'd get a new flat screen TV and ditch the big entertainment center!
- Apple Store--My phone keeps crashing and freezing. I would really like a new one. Maybe a spare iPad so the kids can stop fighting over them. And Apple TV too. That would be awesome!
- Amazon.com--For everything else that I didn't think of, there's Amazon!