Regardless of my Barbie naiveté , however, I have always had some thoughts in mind for my own dream house. Many thanks to #TuesdayTen for giving me the excuse to get them out on virtual paper, so my fictional architect can get started!
- My dream house is a Victorian style house. It has to have two stories and an attic. It will be a sage green with darker green accents and shutters. It will be on a cul-de-sac with lots of families around so the kids can play together and no one drives around like an @$$hole!
- It will have a round room that goes from the ground floor to the attic. The attic portion of said room will have a full bench seat around it with shelves for books underneath and above to the ceiling. The attic will also have storage for out of season clothing and decorations. Also, it will never be unbearable hot up there.
- There will be a porch that wraps around at least three-fourths of the house. The porch will obviously have a porch swing. It will also have some seating and a table, so we can hang out and entertain friends on the porch. The porch will also have a door that leads directly into the kitchen, and steps that lead back to the yard.
- My dream house will have a nice, flat yard. The backyard will be fenced in with a garden along the back and plenty of space for the kids to run around. I will cut the grass diagonally, because that's what you do when you have a nice yard.
- We will have fireplaces, of course, but not just regular fireplaces. There will be fireplaces that are back to back and show in two different rooms. I might put one in the bathroom next to the jacuzzi tub, but maybe that's showing off!
- On the main floor there will be a living room, dining room, kitchen and a play room for the kids. The playroom will have lots of built in shelves for toy storage.The kitchen will have lots of drawers and storage options. There will also be a back door that leads to the yard.
- The second floor will have four bedrooms. One of those will be a master bedroom with adjoining bathroom. Two of the other rooms will have a bathroom between them. The fourth bedroom will be a guest room.
- This house will have amazing, Tardis-sized closets (small on the outside, bigger on the inside). Closets where Ken and I can both hang up clothes. Closets my kids can put stuff in. Closets I can hide in and read a book!
- We will have a three car garage. Not that we have three cars, just that we can fit both vehicles and also store the bikes and scooters and such.
- This house will have a laundry chute. That probably sounds dumb, but I've always wanted one of those! Just put your clothes in the chute and they fall out right in front of the washing machine, ready to go!
How about you? Have you ever designed your dream house? Tell us in the comments or write your own post and link it up!
#TuesdayTen rules and such are here. Please read them if you've never participated before.
Also, there are a few spaces left in our giveaway for our first birthday in January. You can purchase a link for only $5 and get lots of social media exposure. Click here for more information!