All I want for Christmas is a clean house and peace in the world. Oh wait!?! That's my mom's Christmas list every year! Now, I honestly wouldn't mind those things for Christmas, but I have people asking, and a linkup to host, so I've got to put a little more thought into it than that! I decided that I'm going to split the list into 5 realistic things I'd like for Christmas and 5 fantasy gift items. And I already got a pretty awesome gift over the weekend. Check here if you missed that announcement!
5 Things that are really on my gift list
- New dishes--We've only got eight left in the set that we use every day. Unless you count the two plastic plates we sometimes use. That means I can only get through two meals without having to wash dishes. Some weeks that's okay because we only use the plates for dinner, but then some weeks the kids want waffles or pancakes for breakfast and I have a nice lunch, and then we don't have enough dishes for dinner.
- A new sewing machine--Last time I used mine it made a funny, metal grinding sound. That's the reason it was the last time I used it! I am borrowing a friend's right now so I can make some Christmas presents, but I'm hoping for a new one under the tree.
- A new pot--We have one 5 quart pot, which is usually enough. Until I want to make spaghetti. I've been boiling noodles in my large frying pan, but it's a bit complicated and I usually spill water doing it that way.
- New bras and camis--TMI? Sorry! I have a number of bras that don't fit well anymore and need to be replaced. Also, I wear a cami almost every day, but I don't have enough fun colors!
- A fire pit--We got our back porch rebuilt this past summer and now I'd love even more of an excuse to use our backyard. It tends to be pretty buggy back there, so a fire pit would hopefully keep the bugs away and it would be a great place to hang out 3/4 of the year.
5 Things on my fantasy gift list
- Someone to come organize my house. I've got so much stuff to go through, but every time I start I get overwhelmed and give up. I'd love to get the basement in order so we can get the upstairs taken care of so we can...
- A second bathroom. My first choice would be a whole new house, but barring that, I'd love to have an additional bathroom so we can stop making the kids take a number!
- My bills paid off. Seriously, I would be so much less stressed if I could just not worry about credit cards and day care bills every week. We're making dents, but they are tiny dents and I'd rather just be done with it!
- A new truck for Ken. I know this is my list, but giving Ken a new truck would be so wonderful for me! He can't take all three kids anywhere because he's only got two seats and a jump seat. We can't switch vehicles because his truck is...shall we say "quirky."
- Peace in the world. Not only would it make my mom happy, but it would make the whole world happy. Wouldn't that be wonderful??
Note: #TuesdayTen is taking a break for the holidays, but make sure you come back in the New Year for more great lists AND our one year birthday giveaway! We've got ten gift cards to give away to one lucky winner! It could be you!