I found this recipe early on in my marriage. I have since misplaced the cookbook, but I do this one from memory around this time every year. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine!
- 1-2 pounds of chicken breasts
- 8 oz. Russian or Catalina dressing
- 14-16 oz. can of whole cranberries
- garlic, as desired
- Place the chicken breasts in a casserole dish.
- Open the cranberry sauce and stick a knife on the inside of the can so you can hear that satisfying sound as it comes out into the bowl. (Just me? OK. Sorry.)
- Empty the dressing on top of the cranberries. Side note: When I made this last week, I got out a measuring cup to measure 1 cup of dressing from an 8 oz. bottle. I was a little tired that night!
- Add fresh minced or dried garlic, if desired.
- Stir it all up and pour over the chicken.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30-45, depending on how large your breasts are. (LOL!! I can't believe I just typed that!! Still tired apparently.)
ServeTo me it just seems appropriate to have this dish with a side of stuffing. I went with Stovetop for an easy weeknight meal, but if you want to practice your stuffing recipe for the big day, go ahead and do that instead! I added peas for some color, but any vegetable will do. I also served some rolls from a recipe I am testing out for the big day. I spooned some of the cranberry mixture over the chicken right before serving. Yum!
What's your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Do you practice any ahead of time?