Also, I love my current job and I have no plans to leave it, but sometimes I still think about what other things I think I might like to try. Some of these are more far-fetched than others, but it's fun to play pretend...even when you're "29 remainder" as my Julie says.
- Librarian-I work in a library, but technically I'm not a librarian. If I were to be one, I'd like to try it out in an elementary school.
- Waitress-I've never been an actual waitress. Sure, I cook, serve, and clean up after my kids on a regular basis, but I don't take orders!! Eat what I serve you or don't eat! Oh, sorry, I got carried away there for a minute! Still, I'd like to try it someday and see what's it's like.
- Professional Chef-Again with the cooking, but I'd like the training to go along with it. I could learn things like: "how not to slice off the end of your fingertip," and "sauces beyond ketchup"
- Archaeologist-I know I keep mentioning this. Maybe it's because the geology department is both below and above me. I should really go talk to them about this!
- Voice-over talent or audio book talent- I like to read. I think I do well with inflections and voices. My dad's way better at it, but I think it would be fun to read books out loud for a living.
- Telemarketer-Please don't throw things at me! I'd make it fun! I'd try to at least make the calls interesting for you. I could maybe throw in a few knock-knock jokes on occasion.
- Bus driver-Wouldn't it be fun to just drive around all day? Maybe I could work for one of those tour bus companies and drive to famous historical sites all the time!
- A historical re-enactor. Every time I go on a field trip with my kids, I want to try out this job. I'd love to "live" on a long ago farm and spin wool into yarn or hang out with the blacksmith all day.
- Real Estate Agent-Really I'd just like an excuse to be nosy and see what other people's houses look like. If I have to sell them to do it, I guess that's what I'll do!
- Cashier in a retail store-This is one I've actually tried. I know that there are lots of pieces to retail work that are hard and soul sucking, but I enjoyed the interaction I had and the random casual conversations I had on a daily basis. Maybe when I retire, I'll go be the grocery store greeter!
#TuesdayTen is hosted by:
We hope you have enjoyed our #TuesdayTen lists! If so, please link up one of your own and share your post using #TuesdayTen!
1) Link up a post, old or new, pertaining to the TuesdayTen topic for this week and add our TuesdayTen button to your post or sidebar.
2) Please do not link up contests, product reviews, or sponsored posts. Links not pertaining to the topic will be removed at the hosts' discretion.
3) Visit your hosts and follow them on social media.
4) Visit as many other linked posts as you can and show those bloggers some love by commenting and/or sharing.
5) By linking up you agree to be subscribed to out #TuesdayTen mailing list. Emails are only sent once a week and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here.
Don't forget to add the new #TuesdayTen badge to your post or homepage!
Click to sign up for #TuesdayTen reminder emails: http://eepurl.com/PXVtr