In my roles as mother, wife, sister, friend and resident short person, I do indeed have many different uses, chiefly among them:
- arm rest for people taller than me (i.e. everyone but children)
- tissue for wayward tears and boogers (from the kids, guys!)
- sounding board for rants and questions from friends
I often see people talk about niches in regards to blogging and I have never felt like I fit into one. I blog about lots of different things because that's what my life is about: many different things. I am not particularly gifted at any one thing, but I have experience with a variety of subjects. It used to worry me, but it doesn't anymore. Maybe that's because I'm versatile.
In order to accept this award I am supposed to:
- Create a post to thank the person who nominated me and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers that deserve this award. Link back to their blogs. Notify them to let them know of the nomination.
- Share 7 little known facts about yourself.
7 Little Known Facts About Me
- My shoe size, underwear size, and pants size are all the same. I won't give out a number, though, because a lady has to have some secrets.
- I have a serious issue with throwing things away. One reason my house gets so cluttered is that I worry that I'll throw away something that's still useful. I just recycled 12 peanut butter jars with lids yesterday because I finally gave up on finding something to do with them!
- I run empty containers through the dishwasher before recycling them.
- I still have boxes in my basement from when we moved 11 years ago. We probably don't need that stuff, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them...yet.
- I dislike spending money. I don't do much shopping online or in stores. I even find it difficult to spend money at work, and that's part of my job.
- I used to have a pet rat named Nicodemus. He was a classroom pet and a lot of the parents freaked out!
- I only wash my hair once a week. I haven't gone completely "no poo" but I've cut way back and I think my hair looks and feels healthier for it.
15 Versatile Bloggers
- Echo at Domain of the Mad Mommy
- Amber at Airing My Dirty Laundry
- Katie at Pick Any Two
- Lisa at The Golden Spoons
- Herchel at Scruggbug Corner
- Ginny Marie at Lemon Drop Pie
- Eli at Coach Daddy
- Kim at Day with K-T
- Rea at REAlity Bites
- Megan at The Walker Fireside Chats
- Janine at Confessions of a Mommyholic
- Crystal at Mommifried
- Chris at The Mom Cafe
- Katy at Experienced Bad Mom
- Christy at Uplifting Families