- Sunshine! Winter make me sad. As soon as the weather turns nice, I like to go outside and just stand in the sunshine and soak it all up. I love sunshine!
- Vitamin D--Aside from the actual warmth of the sun, sunshine is good for you because it supplies Vitamin D which our bodies need for bone development and other things.
- Being outside--In the summer I can spend time outside, but I can also, which low levels of guilt, send my kids outside. Just a few days ago the kids were getting on each others' nerves and I told them to go run around the house; one lap for each year of age. They love that!!
- Water play with the kids--While we don't often make it to the pool, we do go out and play in the water fairly frequently. It's a great way to soak up some Vitamin D and burn off some excess energy.
- Vacations--We don't have a standing family vacation that happens every year, but we have been fortunate to be able to make some fun trips the past few summers. This summer we are going to the beach with Ken's family. We haven't been to the beach together since Frances was a baby.
- Fewer clothes to wash--We don't need as many layers, so that creates less laundry. Plus, when the kids wear swimsuits, I make them hang them up in the bathroom and wear them again another time. You can't really do that with wet, dirty snow clothes.
- Growing vegetables--I love our little garden and it's coming along quite nicely. Only a short while longer before I can go and pick my own fresh tomatoes!!
- Laid back schedule--Sunday night Benjamin was the only kid we had home. Somehow he convinced us that we should go out and play baseball after dinner. He didn't end up going to bed until 9 and it turned out just fine because our schedule is more flexible like that!
- NO HOMEWORK--I don't really need to explain this, do I??
- Cooking on the grill--Ken loves grilling food. He does it in the winter time, but he uses it a lot in the summer. When Ken grills, it makes less kitchen work for me. That's a win in my book!!
#TuesdayTen is hosted by:
We hope you have enjoyed our #TuesdayTen lists! If so, please link up one of your own and share your post using #TuesdayTen!
1) Link up a post, old or new, pertaining to the TuesdayTen topic for this week and add our TuesdayTen button to your post or sidebar.
2) Please do not link up contests, product reviews, or sponsored posts. Links not pertaining to the topic will be removed at the hosts' discretion.
3) Visit your hosts and follow them on social media.
4) Visit as many other linked posts as you can and show those bloggers some love by commenting and/or sharing.
5) By linking up you agree to be subscribed to out #TuesdayTen mailing list. Emails are only sent once a week and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here.
Don't forget to add the #TuesdayTen badge to your post or homepage!