As the middle of the summer, July has the distinction of being National Ice Cream month. Proudly established by Ronald Reagan (also a big fan of jelly beans) in 1984, this is officially the 30th year of this joyous month-long celebration! Whatever you think of his politics, you gotta admit he was a pretty sweet guy (ba dum ching).
I'll stop joking now and get to the list I know you are salivating to see!
- Vanilla-Yes, I like vanilla. REAL vanilla, with the little black specks in it and everything. It's a great base to play around with and add things to, but it's also great on it's own.
- Peach-One of my favorite summer fruits made into dessert. How could you go wrong?? For the record, it has to have nice chewy chunks of peach in it.
- Butter Pecan-This must have been my grandparents' favorite, because they always had it on hand. After dinner, Grandma would get out the ice cream. You could eat ice cream even if you were full because, as my Grandpa explained, the ice cream melted and filled in all the empty spaces in your belly.
- Thin Mint-Good as a cookie, even better as an ice cream. Best when I find it down at the bargain grocery store on sale!
- Mint chocolate chip-I'm afraid to say this lest I get kicked out of the "woman club" but plain chocolate just doesn't do it for me. It's gotta be mixed in with something. And chocolate and mint make an amazing combination!
- Strawberry-Another great fruit turned into ice cream!
- With fresh raspberries from my parents' garden-That is if my kids have left any on the bushes!
- Served over a nice, warm, chocolatey brownie-Need I say more?
- Drizzled with hot fudge sauce over top-Or even the hard shell kind that you have to break through.
- Inside a chocolate of chocolate cookie sandwich-Plus there's no bowl or spoons to wash!
#TuesdayTen is hosted by:
We hope you have enjoyed our #TuesdayTen lists! If so, please link up one of your own and share your post using #TuesdayTen!
1) Link up a post, old or new, pertaining to the TuesdayTen topic for this week and add our TuesdayTen button to your post or sidebar.
2) Please do not link up contests, product reviews, or sponsored posts. Links not pertaining to the topic will be removed at the hosts' discretion.
3) Visit your hosts and follow them on social media.
4) Visit as many other linked posts as you can and show those bloggers some love by commenting and/or sharing.
5) By linking up you agree to be subscribed to out #TuesdayTen mailing list. Emails are only sent once a week and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here.
Don't forget to add the #TuesdayTen badge to your post or homepage!