When we would go on trips when I was a kid, the radio was always turned up pretty loudly. Some people might think that's because my dad is hard of hearing.Well, that might be true, but the real reason the radio was up so loud was so it could drown out my singing!
At the dinner table, I didn't usually get in trouble for playing with my food or chewing with my mouth open. Nope, I got in trouble for humming at the table. (Now Frances does it, and I have to defend her because I know how hard it is to stop!)
Nowadays, I have to be careful with the music in my office. If I listen too often, I start singing along and the people out at the main desk can hear me. My boss was actually worried about sharing an office with me last summer because he heard about my constant singing!
So the following are not just songs that usually get stuck in my head. They are songs that get stuck in my head most often. And I separated the list into two groups. I was going to call them "songs I am not ashamed to be listening to" and "songs I am ashamed to be listening to" but in the end I decided to go with "songs on the radio" and "songs I blame my kids for." You can decide which of the other categories they would have gone it!
Songs on the Radio
- Roar (Katy Perry)-We still wake up to this song every morning and I love getting it stuck in my head, or listening to me kids singing it.
- As Long as You Love Me (by that JB kid I won't name here)-I don't know why. It keeps coming up on my Pandora and I sing along and then I remember whose song it is.
- Counting Stars (One Republic)-Something in this song is relate-able. Maybe the fact that he's not sleeping well.
- Payphone (Maroon Five)-Actually, most of their songs get stuck in my head, but this was the most recent.
- Call Me Maybe (Carly Rae Jepsen)-The teachers at the kids' after-school program have this song on a play list that the kids are always dancing to at the end of the day. They've got some cute moves worked out!
- Goodnight My Angel (Billy Joel)-This one is on the kids' lullabye album. It's also the alarm setting that tells us it's time for bed. If they hear it in any other circumstance, they look towards the bedroom in a confused manner. It's Pavlovian!
Songs I Blame My Kids For
- Let It Go (Frozen Soundtrack)-This isn't just me. This song is stuck in almost everyone's head!
- Get Up and Go Go (The Fresh Beat Band)-Another one on our morning playlist. Benjamin sings this one a lot, so that's another reason I get it stuck in my head.
- Team Umizoomi (theme song)-Still one of Benjamin's favorites, the other two tolerate it pretty well.
- Paw Patrol (theme song)-This is one all three kids like. We record it on the DVR and they request it all the time.
#TuesdayTen is hosted by:
And our co-host for June:
We hope you have enjoyed our #TuesdayTen lists! If so, please link up one of your own and share your post using #TuesdayTen!
1) Link up a post, old or new, pertaining to the TuesdayTen topic for this week and add our TuesdayTen button to your post or sidebar.
2) Please do not link up contests, product reviews, or sponsored posts. Links not pertaining to the topic will be removed at the hosts' discretion.
3) Visit your hosts and follow them on social media.
4) Visit as many other linked posts as you can and show those bloggers some love by commenting and/or sharing.
5) By linking up you agree to be subscribed to out #TuesdayTen mailing list. Emails are only sent once a week and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here.
Come link up again next Tuesday, June 10, when the topic will be 10 Things That are Always in my Pantry/Fridge!
Don't forget to add the #TuesdayTen badge to your post or homepage!