list I posted last year that's because I'm a creature of habit!
- Vacation-We don't have a lot of vacation stuff planned this year, but we are going to the beach with Ken's family for part of a week.
- Camping-Benjamin has never been camping. We tried a year or two ago, by pitching a tent in the backyard, but he was too squirrely and I ended up bringing him inside so Ken and the other two could sleep. I feel like Ken misses a lot of these milestones because of his work schedule, so I'm really hoping we can take the kids camping together this summer.
- BBQ-I am fortunate that Ken enjoys cooking and does so at least two to three times a week. In the summer it's probably more often because he loves to grill! I have no problem reliquishing that task.
- Fireflies-I am noticing lately that we are less and less tied to naptimes and bedtimes as our youngest has gotten older. It's still a good idea to keep up with those routines, but the fallout is nowhere near as bad as it used to be if we miss a nap or stay up late. I am really looking forward to nice nights, under the stars, filling jars with fireflies.
- Water play-I'm actually not a huge fan of swimming. It's mostly due to Ken's work schedule because there is no way I'm taking three kids to the pool by myself. However, summer time is perfect for sprinkler time in the front yard and the kids LOVE that!
- Summer Camps-I work year-round, so for the past few years the kids have done what I call "camp hopping" for the summer. There is a pretty good variety of summer camps offered around here and a few near my parents that Henry and Frances take advantage of. It's cheaper than enolling them for summer care at a local day care, and more interesting as well. They get to do something different every week and that keeps their interest. This summer, Frances is even going to her first sleep-away camp!
- Hiking-Another activity Ken loves to do is hiking. I'm hoping we can get in some nice family hikes this summer. He usually doesn't have Saturdays off, but Sundays are more likely and a flexible church schedule makes them more possible.
- Summer food-I have a huge list of foods that I look forward to every summer! Veggies from our garden, fresh fruits like peaches and watermelon, cucumber soup, potato salad, S'mores, etc. Bring it on!!
- Outside time-I've compared myself to a cat before, but in all honesty I wonder if I am more reptilian in nature. I'm not cold-blooded in the sense that I am cruel or heartless, but I really do thrive on sunshine. There have been a few times lately that I've just gone outside to sit in the sun for a few minutes to recharge. I am really looking forward to more time in the sun this summer!
- Clean out the basement-OK, this one isn't necessarily fun, but it sure is important! I recently did the seasonal clothing swap for ths kids, but I haven't finished taking all the "not right now" clothes back downstairs. It leaves a nice open area in the basement that is motivating me to get organized down there, so I don't lose the spacious look when I do get the bins back down there.
Your Tuesday Ten hostesses are:
Meet our co-host for the month of May, Mrs. Tee!!
Please make sure to check out her blog and follow her on social media!
We hope you have enjoyed our #TuesdayTen lists! If so, please link up one of your own and share your post using #TuesdayTen!
1) Link up a post, old or new, pertaining to the TuesdayTen topic for this week and add our TuesdayTen button to your post or sidebar.
2) Please do not link up contests, product reviews, or sponsored posts. Links not pertaining to the topic will be removed at the hosts' discretion.
3) Visit your hosts and follow them on social media.
4) Visit as many other linked posts as you can and show those bloggers some love by commenting and/or sharing.
5) By linking up you agree to be subscribed to out #TuesdayTen mailing list. Emails are only sent once a week and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here.
Come link up again next Tuesday, June 3, when the topic will be 10 Songs that are Stuck in your Head right Now!
Don't forget to add the #TuesdayTen badge to your post or homepage!
Also linking up here: