sorry, Crystal!) People think it's hysterical to lean their elbows on my head and call me an arm rest. Hysterical, I tell you!! And totally original. Every.single.time!
Despite wearing heels, though, I still manage to walk very quietly. I don't do it on purpose (usually), but people are always accusing me of sneaking up on them. After two or three incidences in the same day, I will even start to try and consciously make noise as I walk so I can stop jumping people!
It got me thinking of the ways in which I am like a cat, so when I saw the Spin Cycle prompt for this week, I felt like I should flesh out that thought a bit. The question on the table is: Are you a dog person or a cat person?" The short (haha) answer is that I am and always have been a cat person. I'm mostly terrified of dogs, although I concentrate very hard to hide that fact from my kids. I don't want to pass my fear along to them.
Growing up we always had at least one cat and we have one now, although he's getting up there in age. I think that cats and I have a lot in common, for example:
- I am stealthy and can travel easily through crowds. I am also very quiet when I move, so that I often sneak up on people.
- There are times when I suddenly think of something I need in another room of the house, so I will jump up from whatever I am doing and race to another room. Once there, of course, I forget why I am there and I stand in the middle of the floor looking around confusedly. That last one's not really a cat-like thing though, pretty sure that's just being a mom!
- If I had my choice, I'd spend the day napping in a sunbeam curled up on a blanket. Oscar seems to really enjoy that and it always looks so cozy. If I could spend a day being a cat, that's what I'd do.
- I like back rubs and head scratches. I'll take all I can get. I don't think I purr, but I might. ;)
- Sometimes I see a bowl of food and scarf it down so quickly that I immediately puke it up all over the floor. Actually, no, I don't do that. Just the cat does that. That's GROSS!!
|What do you think??|
Linking up at the Spin Cycle this week: