I don't think I've really ever said those words to my kids. Probably because they've never called me on my hypocrisy. But I see it; and I comment to myself each time I do it. I hope my kids don't learn all my bad habits!
I've recently posted about things I should say more often as well as things I should say less often. These are the things that I say to my kids that I should actually be saying to myself!
- "If you trip over it, maybe you should pick it up and put it away!"
- "You are tired! Go to bed!"
- "If you get something out, put it away!"
- "Pick out your clothes tonight, so you won't be rushed in the morning!"
- "When the alarm goes off that means it's time to get out of bed!"
- "I need you to pick what's most important and prioritize!"
- "Get out of the shower, you're using all the hot water!"
- "If you put your shoes in your shoe basket, you won't have to hunt for them every morning!"
- "Get off the iPad!" / "Turn off the TV!" "Your brain will leak out your ears if you watch that all day!"
- "Stop yelling!!" (Yes, I see the complete irony!)