I love Advent! I love the preparation time for Jesus' birth; for light coming back into the world. And I love experiencing it with my kids! Today's list is all about great books I've read with my kids (or would like to read with them) during the holiday season. These are also affiliate links, so if you purchase any of these books through my blog, you will be helping out our family as well!
1. This book is a precious little rhyme about all the animals getting the stable ready for Jesus to be born.
2. Who could resist The Polar Express and believing in the magic of Christmas?
3. This is actually a set of books, one for each day of December until Christmas. The books can even be hung on the tree as decorations after reading them!
4. I love Tomie dePaola and his retelling of legends. This one features the story of the poinsettia and one girl's gift to the Christ child.
5. Have your kids ever wondered how the Santa story and the story of Jesus' birth mesh? This books tackles that subject in an engaging way.
6. My kids LOVE I Spy! books. This is a fun Christmas one!!
7. This may not count as a book, but it's a book-like set, so I went with it! It comes with a manger scene and little gift boxes to unwrap that tell the meaning of Christmas.
8. This story explains Christmas is a way that your littlest ones can understand with text and pictures that your older kids will appreciate.
9. This version is set in the old west with a contemporary mother explaining the story of Jesus' birth to her son. Written by a historian, it is a great story for older kids.
10. Max Lucado is a great author for adults, but it turns out he writes equally well for children. This is a great story illustrating that God has a special plan for each and every one of us.