- I love your family portrait on your header. How often do you take a family portrait? That picture is from a wedding we attended a year and a half ago. My former co-worker got married and had all three of our kids in the wedding! Actually she had 8 flower girls and 3 ring bearers!! I thought it would be crazy, but it worked out perfectly. My other friend, Stacey, was the photographer and she knew I would like a family picture done while we were all dressed up. She took this one pretty close to the end of the night which is why we are looking a little sweaty and tired. I've kept the picture for two main reasons: one, because I love it and think it's a great shot; and two, because we haven't had a family picture done since then. Stacey has offered and I have tried to take her up on it, but life keeps getting in the way!!
- Is it difficult to select outfits that coordinate for a family of 5? It was easy for my header picture because we were at a wedding and the kids were already dressed to the nines. Ken likes to coordinate with me when I get dressed up, so that just happened without too much planning. The time before this when we had pictures done, I spent about two weeks pouring over Pinterest to find the right outfits that would coordinate together without looking like we tried too hard!
- You describe yourself as 'actively procrastinating' near the start of your Blog in 2007. Is procrastination something that is common for you or are you normally a planner? I've often thought that I would make a great president for Procrastinators Anonymous, but then I've never gotten around to actually starting that club. No one has apparently!! In all honesty, I've gotten a bit better since that first post, but I still tend to put off a lot of things that need to be done! I do try to make plans when other people are involved.
- What is your favorite dessert? Mmm-mmm! Dessert...I like cherry pie or apple pie. I also like good fudgey brownies or chocolate chip cookies. I don't like things to be too sweet, but there aren't many desserts that I would turn down.
- Recently you visited a Putt-Putt center...it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. What other activities do you and your family do for a fun day out? That's a tough question. Family time is scarce because of my husband's job. I am often tor between taking the kids out for something fun and feeling bad because Ken doesn't get to come along. We like visiting local parks and we've got a membership to our local Children's Museum. As the kids get older and Ben gives up naps completely, I'm sure we'll get out more on the weekends.
- Have you started decorating for Christmas yet? My hubby and I couldn't wait. We started last week and even lit them already! LOL I like my holidays one at a time. We don't decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. That's also another hard one to coordinate, because I want Ken to be able to participate, so we have to wait for the perfect moment and jump on it.
- Do you decorate inside and outside or one or the other? Our house doesn't have any electrical outlets outside, so we've always kept all the decorating to the interior. I do like adding candles to the windows and a wreath on the door, so I guess you can see some of the decorations from the outside.
- What is a typical Christmas Day in your home? Early risers or sleep in and make a lazy day of it? My kids are early, early risers EXCEPT for school days and Christmas! Last Christmas we had to wake them up!!! Personally, I prefer to get up early and open presents in our pajamas before breakfast. Ken likes to get up and eat and get dressed before hand. Either way, Christmas is usually a lazy day. We don't go anywhere other than church. We try to just spend the day together.
- I noticed your family went to Disney! What is your favorite memory of the experience? The thing I loved most about our Disney trip was getting to watch the kids' faces as they experienced it all! I had never been before either, so I didn't really have expectations and I wasn't able to prepare them for what would happen. We just live in the moment for the trip and they had a great time!
- My signature question: are you a part of Team Tea or the Coffee Crew? I feel out of sync with the rest of the internet on this one, but I don't like coffee at all. I enjoy the smell and I love it when my boss brews coffee in my office for our co-workers, but I can't stand the taste of it. I do like tea, but it has to be decaf. Caffeine and I are not friends at all!
Thursday, November 28, 2013
My First Ask Away Friday!!
My friend Tamara has been doing Ask Away Friday interviews for a while and they always look so fun. Two weeks ago, I eavesdropped on a Twitter conversation between two other people setting up interviews and I jumped in and asked if I could play. Mrs. Tee of Love Life Laughter agreed to swap questions with me and we scheduled this date for the reveal. I had a fun time reading about her awesome family and her amazing outlook on life. She asked some great questions of me, so I will answer them here and then you can go check out her answers to the questions I asked.