Here's the list, with my notations:
- Disney World--posted here and here. We had a great time and the kids still talk about it constantly!
- Swimming--We went to a friend's pool once and we went to the lake during my family reunion. My kids have been swimming a few other times with my parents.
- Enjoy my half-day Fridays with the kiddos--We had an adjusted summer schedule this year. I got off every Friday at noon. In theory, it was supposed to be some extra free time for me and and some extra time to spend with the kiddos. In reality it just ended up being an early start for weekend drives or errands.
- Sprinkler/sand box time out in the yard--Strangely, this is probably the easiest one on the list and the one we didn't really do! It's either been to hot, too rainy, or too buggy.
- Family Reunion on my dad's side--COMPLETED! We had an amazing time with my dad's family. My kids loved playing with their extra "aunts" and "uncles." My cousins' kids are all between the ages of 10 and 3, and that ended up being a great range for playing together. I am hoping we can get together more frequently, especially since we live fairly close.
- Vacation Bible School--LOVED IT! I planned the games center this year. It turned out really well. I had a lot of fun and so did my kids. I think VBS might be one of my favorite parts of summer!
- Catching fireflies late at night--We've done this a time or two. I've discovered that my kids really take after me when it comes to sleep, though. If I miss out on an hour or two, I am not pleasant to be around. Turns out my kids are the same way. And none of us can sleep in.
- Family camping/hiking trip--I took the kids hiking with a friend. We had the best of intentions for family hiking or camping this summer, but it never happened. Maybe Fall will be a better time...
- 4th of July festivities and parade--We spent the day downtown and had a great time. I never posted any pictures from it, though.
- Summer Food: potato salad, yogurt/cucumber soup, cold pasta salads, fresh out of the garden veggies, popsicles, lemonade--Out veggies never really came in this year. I am not a good gardener and we don't have a good space. We have had some veggies donated to us, though. So that's good. I've done potato salad and yogurt soup, but no pasta salads. And I think I had my first popsicle last night after the kids went to bed.
|4th of July hats at the museum|
|Chilling out, waiting for the parade|